Monday, January 19, 2015

In the news...

After the AMS conference, I spent most of my waking hours writing lectures for the skepticalscience.com MOOC Denial 101 on climate change denial and getting them peer reviewed, then filming them in our Educational Technology Center.  Let's just say reading off of a teleprompter is not my favorite pastime.  Thanks to Scott for his patience with my multiple takes!

Meanwhile, the data finally came out on 2014, and it turns out it was the warmest year on record globally.  Warming continues.  This news made the "above the fold" of the NY Times, although not the first time global warming has been front page news this year.

Here are a few of my pictures from that morning.

One morning during the Front Range's mixed-precipitation and fog event, I noticed some special frost on the trees.  It was hoar frost!  (Or they were rime formations, the jury is still out on that one.)  This rare event made national news, which was pretty exciting. 
Check out the unique formations!